How to Be The Star Guest at Thanksgiving Lunch/Dinner
So you want to be the star guest… ok maybe not the star, but dammit people will love ya! So here are a few tips;
- Don’t bring the same ol’ same ol’, bring something different but tasteful
- Empanadas which are delicious and you can tell a story behind them – They are from Colombia and are delicious appetizers
- Tamales are great
- Make sure to bring ask for Chicken or Beef as some guest cannot eat Pork
- Here is a tip… Cut the tamales in half, and serve them as appetizers
- Warm them up in a microwave, BUTTTTTT sprinkle water on them so they don’t dry out
- As a backup if you like to play it safe, bring a second dish like mash potatoes
- Don’t just sit there waiting to be served, like you are at a restaurant.
- Help OUT! Get up serve others, this is Thanksgiving for God’s sake! Be thankful for your friends & family, thus you serve and humble yourself.
- Get up, fill drinks when you can.
- Ask the home owner or host to see how you can help.
- Don’t pile your plate on, remember you do not know if they will be having more guests over. So be considerate.
- Also many hosts are taking the left overs to shelters and the homeless
- Be Thankful – Before starting to eat, offer to say something.
- Say why you are thankful this year
- It can catch on really quick, just sometimes people are very nervous about speaking up.
- Last but not least, wash your dishes or at least offer to help clean up.
- No one likes to clean up after you, especially after slaving over the kitchen for hours.
- SMILE, laugh, even if you are upset put a SMILE on
- Compliment others
- Nice hair
- Nice tie
- Nice nails
- You look really nice wow!
- You get the point…
Love ya – Allen J. – Wanna Be Blogger & Real Estate Broker 832-305-7653