Looking for some amazing brunch spots in Houston? Why not support some of the city’s fantastic black-owned restaurants? Here are some great options to check out:
- The Breakfast Klub – This iconic restaurant in Midtown is known for its delicious chicken and waffles, as well as its friendly atmosphere and long lines on weekends.
- Lucille’s – Named after the owner’s great-grandmother, Lucille’s serves up Southern-inspired brunch dishes like shrimp and grits and chicken-fried steak.
- Kulture – This downtown restaurant celebrates the history and culture of the African diaspora through its menu, which includes dishes like jollof rice and oxtail hash.
- The Turkey Leg Hut – While this restaurant is best known for its massive turkey legs, they also serve up tasty brunch dishes like shrimp and grits and chicken and waffles.
- Esther’s Cajun Cafe & Soul Food – Located in north Houston, Esther’s is a family-owned restaurant that serves up classic Southern dishes like biscuits and gravy and catfish and grits.
There are many more fantastic black-owned restaurants to discover in Houston, so why not make brunch a chance to support local businesses and enjoy some delicious food at the same time?